A Dutch consortium (UNESCO-IHE, World Waternet, MetaMeta and Eijkelkamp Soil & Water) together with Chinese partners (Deyang Department of Housing, Urban & Rural Planning and Construction, Deyang Department of Water Affairs, Deyang Water Supply Company and Chengdu University of Technology) constructed a unique wetland park in Deyang, China.
In this park, an artificial recharge water supply system is developed. This system benefits from experiences of the Amsterdam Water Supply Dune system, the main source of drinking water for the city of Amsterdam.
The park combines a recreational wetland park, artificial groundwater recharge, drinking water production, public education, and scientific research.
- Wetland coordinates on Google Maps
- September 16, 2016: Grand Opening of Sino-Dutch consortium’s Wetland Park in Deyang, China
- Project brochure: overview and results (English)
- Project brochure: overview and results (Chinese)
- Grand opening – Seminar Program (English)
- Grand opening – Seminar Program (Chinese)
- Brochure: Amsterdam Water Supply Dunes (Chinese)
- Amsterdam Water Supply Dunes (English)
- Brochure: Water Management in Dutch cities